"Providing cost effective Engineering Risk & Safety Consultancy Solutions"

Passenger Lift Engineering Breakdown Insurance 

Do I need to insure my lift?

Legally - No you do not.  By law it is a requirement to have your passenger lift thoroughly examined at a periodicity of 6 months by a Competent Person (LOLER Art 9.3.a).  It is not a statutory requirement to insure the lift in case of breakdown.

You can, however, purchase Engineering Breakdown Insurance that covers unforeseen loss that leaves your lift out-of-service. This insurance can also be extended to cover electric gates, barriers, boilers (pressure vessels) and pumps.  The insurance is underwritten by Aviva.

Independent Safety Evaluation Ltd is an appointed representative of Residentsline Limited  which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Residentsline can look after all of your RMC  / block management insurance needs. For quotes, information or assistance call the team on 0800 281235 or email info@residentslne.co.uk. 

You can follow the link to Residentsline by clicking on the image below:

Residentsline - Guide to Insurance.pdf
Independent Safety Evaluation Ltd Service Charter.pdf